Chateau de Tracy Pouilly Fume Haute Densite 2017
Chateau de Tracy Haute Densite Pouilly Fume is the flagship wine from this remarkable Château. It is a delicious wine when served chilled as an aperitif or to accompany fish dishes such as sole, salmon or trout. Take care not to chill this wine too much though as you may miss it's magnificent flavours if overchilled.
The first members of the noble Stutt family in France came from Scotland in the fifteenth century to help the future King Charles VII of France during the Hundred Years War. In 1586, by way of marriage, the family inherited Chateau de Tracy. The Chateau is still family owned and cultivated today under the leadership of the Comte Henry d'Estutt d'Assay. An organic approach to viticulture is followed but the Chateau is not certified as being organic. No pesticides are used, yields are kept very low and strict canopy management is used.
Skin maceration with a slow, gentle pressing to produce the highest quality juice. No chaptalisation was necessary, due to the exceptional maturity of the grapes (natural alcohol was 13.4 % Vol). 85% of the wine was matured for one year in stainless steel vats, with regular stirring of the lees (batonnage). The remaining 15% was fermented and aged in oak barrels. The two wines were then blended and matured for a further year.
This wine is produced from high-density vines (17,000 vines per hectare; the standard density for the appellation is 7,000 vines per hectare). Competition between the vines is therefore greater.
Chateau de Tracy Pouilly Fume Haute Densite has a full, crisp attack with underlying power and richness. The mid palate has a good structure which enhances the freshness, the fullness and power, giving a slightly tannic sensation. The final flavour is rich and appetising with great length ending on slightly roasted notes.
Everyday Serving Suggestion
Served chilled as an aperitif or to accompany fish dishes such as sole, salmon or trout.
Country / Region / Appellation
FR / Loire / Pouilly Fume AOC
Comte Henry d'Assay
Grape - 100% Sauvignon Blanc
Vegetarian/Vegan - Yes/Yes
Organic/Biodynamic - No/No
Milk/Eggs - No/No
Contains Sulphites - Yes
ABV% - 13%